AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Saw this wicked Anglia, had to share.... scroll down for photos!

Dave Bunn’s space-framed, Cosworth-powered Anglia

Well, we say Anglia, but there’s not much 105E left after the epic six-year build. “I got quotes for having the frame done and then about a year’s worth of work ended up taking four years,” Dave says. “Mick Cross at Autocross put a hell of a lot of work into it.”

Crafted from CDS tubing, the finished frame is a work of art that we can’t do full justice to here. It’s meant that the front suspension has been converted to a superior wishbone setup and gives Dave maximum adjustability front and rear to makes for one massively tight road car.

“The wheels were the first thing I bought and we got everything to work around them,” Dave says. “I’ve been very fussy about the stance – I was running an inch lower than this, but I kept having problems with the exhaust. I didn’t want the rear arches coming up above the swage line as it spoils the look.”

The bodywork is all about quality and is testament to the work carried out by the guys at Ash Coachworks, who applied the Cosworth colour with real care. Heritage Motor Works were the guys tasked with getting the shell to the standard it’s been built to though, including fitting those Mexico arches to the rear for the low stance.

Lift off that fibreglass bonnet and, thanks to the spaceframe, there’s no shoehorned Cossie lump; it just looks like it’s meant to be there. The bottom end of the YB is stock, while headwork, BD10 cams, a set of greens and a hybrid Turbo Technics T35 make it good for 330- 350bhp. Think about it – that’s an Anglia road car built to top-notch race car specs. In other words, all 300-odd ponies are put to the ground and made the most of via those 15×8-inch rear rims.

Inside is, dare we say it, plush – if you disregard the lack of carpets that is. Cosworth seats retrimmed in leather and exquisitely detailed dials, switches and controls all look stunning.

That’s not what this car is about though. “The Anglia runs 12 seconds dead at the Pod,” says Dave. “It’s capable of a lot better, but I just take it as a bit of fun, on road tyres with road pressures. My enjoyment is out on the road, catching the pure amazement on people’s faces when I drive past.”

Source: http://www.fastcar.co.uk/2011/02/09/modified-ford-anglia/

Webmaster, Ford First

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts

Attachments:
hot ford anglia.jpg    45.2 KB
hot ford anglia.jpg

modified_ford_anglia_031-592x394.jpg    55.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
modified_ford_anglia_051-592x394.jpg    47.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Kevin-A1 Avatar
Kevin-A1 Kevin Andrews
Bungay, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Ford Anglia "Lil Red Rooster"
1963 Jaguar Mark 2 "Dotty"
1968 MG MGC "Olive"
That is one nice looking Anglebox.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2014 Ford F 150 FFV 4WD

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links