FordFirst

Ford UK Forum

Can any tell me how many GT's are out there ????

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Onyxdog Ely Thomas
Livonia, USA   USA
Hello every one,

I am new to the site but not the web.last fall I picked up a 1964 consul cortina GT from the 1st owner with 52k miles a few dent fromsitting ia barn for thepast 20+ years lots of dust and almost no rust thebody is very solid . Any way I worked on it most of the winter and now have it running but I still need to work a few bugs out but she sure is zippy.what I would like to ask is this can any one tell me how many were shipped? From what I have found is it aint many. Any way I took it to the all ford show last weekend at the world HQ in Dearborn mi, and had a lot of "what the heck is it?" I love this car and it is a real head turner when ever I take it for a spin
Any way thanks for looking

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dlebla31 Avatar
Dlebla31 Don Leblanc
Oshawa, ON, Canada   CAN
Hello, I have had many Cortina GT's and miss them all! I still have a brand new HV Oil pump that takes a spin-on filter in my parts bag! I just used a set of ignition wires that I have on my latest project, 1964 Morris Minor. It also got the license plate from my last GT that was licensed in 1984!

I also have an original 1968 Owner's manual and other repair manuals if you are interested or anyone else for that matter.

There were a lot of these cars imported to Canada and the US over their life span. The MKIII just cut too far into Pinto and Mustang sales to retain it. The Ford Capri was also a victim of this, had 2 of those, what a sweet ride. At one point I had to utilize the rad from one of the Capris for my Cortina, fit like a glove.

If they all had not rusted away, there would be more of them at the car shows. They were peppy and comfortable. There are a few GTs around in Canada, maybe 4 or 5 on the road. In the US it is anyone's guess, but I would not hope to find more than 10 or so across the country. Also a lot of GTs were cloned into Lotus versions to get a higher dollar value for the owners, but without being a pedigreed LOTUS, they were frowned upon and went the way of the rust.

Don

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

dontl369@gmail.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1913 Ford Model T Speedster

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links