FOR SALE 1967 Mustang GTA "S" Code Coupe [Wappingers Falls NY, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

1MACH2NV Avatar
1MACH2NV Dan Wasvary
Wappingers Falls NY, USA   USA
Hello FF Guys & Girls;
I have for sale for your consideration a numbers matching 67 Mustang GTA "S" code coupe. I chased this particular GTA for
nearly 20 years, but as usually the case - the owner didn't want to sell & had plans or should I say "dreams" of some day restoring it. Year after year passed at to no avail. I will say though, the gentleman was very nice & would entertain me every time I stopped by, by showing me parts he'd been collecting. Then one day towards the end of last year I received the call,
but not from the gentleman himself - but his wife. The gentleman had passed away & his wife asked me if I was still interested
in buying it - naturally I was & didn't even try to barter the selling price.

To my amazement, the GTA started right up & run great. Apparently the gentleman would start the GTA up monthly, let it run
for an hour or so his wife said, kepted fresh gas in it & even changed the oil yearly - he did this for over 20 years. He truly loved his Mustang.

A trip to the storage shed behind their house unvailed NOS quarter panels, inner/outer rear wheel houses, rear tail panel & rear valance, floor pans & other odd/ends - some of which I never saw on my visits. Needless to say, as a restorer - I was delighted. Nothing fits better then good used or NOS parts.

So over the past winter my son & I repaired everything from the doors back, even being ever so careful not to ruin the original vinyl top. We painted the repaired areas with with the correct Springtime Yellow hue using PPG base/clear two part
system. We also replaced the headliner, seat covers & carpet. If the seat covers look old to you, that's because they were
bought new some 10 to 15 years ago & the patina was just right. Same is to be said for the carpet, although the headliner is
new, new - as the one the gentleman bought was just too fragile.

We also recored the radiator, water pump, belts, hoses & full tune-up. Boiled the gas tank to be on the safe side, blow out the fuel lines, replaced the fuel pump & rebuilt the carburetor. Had the alternator rebuilt, changed the regulator & replaced
the starter, again to play it safe.

A full new dual exhaust system was put on, all the brakes were rebuilt, new seals/fuild in the rear end & we serviced the
transmission. I'm quite sure I'm forgetting some things, come's with old age - LOL. Oh yea, 4 new radial RWL tires & 4 new
shocks - told ya LOL.

Now to the rest of the body as we ran out of winter. Basically there's tiny rust bubbles at the corners of the doors outside,
bottoms are very solid. Needs one small patch at the bottom of each fender. These areas are definitely repairable. The hood
was damaged on the front lip something in it's pervious history & the repair wasn't the greatest by any means. Yes it can be
repaired, but if it with me doing the job - I'd locate a good used hood. I've used the reproductions out on the market & it just takes to long getting them just right. To me not worth the added effort.

Well I believe that does it, I sure hope so - as I've been at it for well over an hour - LOL - no seriously if you have a question or two, please feel free to ask. I'd like to get $16,500.00 or something quite close.

Personal & qualified 3rd party inspections are welcome. Overseas buyers are welcome. Photos available upon request. Contact Dan through this site or call 845-546-5523 up to 9pm EST. Located New York 12590 USA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 10:04 PM by 1MACH2NV.

Attachments:
67GTA.jpg    37.7 KB
67GTA.jpg

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2002 Ford F 250

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links